As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
At-home laser hair removal increased in popularity over the last few years. Our modern life changed our ability to plan all those excellent beauty treatments properly.
The frustrations developed between looking after a household, work, and our bodies, stacked up to a level where we looked at alternatives. These alternatives include the use of a home laser to remove hair safely.
The article below aims to provide insight into home laser removal treatments. Does the question remain if laser hair removal for the face especially is safe?
- 1 Best Home Laser Hair Removal Devices-Best Seller
- 2 What Does Home Laser Hair Removal Entail?
- 3 Things to Lookout For
- 4 Difference Between Home and Salon Hair Removal Treatments
- 5 Are Home Laser Removal Treatments Safe?
- 6 Is Laser Hair Removal Safe for Face?
- 7 Is Laser Hair Removal Safe for Brazilian Hair?
- 8 Is Laser Hair Removal Painful?
- 9 Tips to Follow During Home Laser Hair Removals
- 10 Final Takeaway
Best Home Laser Hair Removal Devices-Best Seller
What Does Home Laser Hair Removal Entail?
Initially, a person feels scared when we think of home lasers to remove hair. It offers a straightforward approach. The laser hair removal uses heated lasers with intense pulsed lights (IPL) to get rid of unwanted hair.
The laser aims to reduce the hair follicles’ activity temporarily. The disablement prevents the hair from growing too quickly over a couple of weeks.
The at-home hair laser removal instruments comprise two types. The one refers to the IPL discussed earlier, and the other is a real laser device.
The home hair laser removal instruments may be less powerful than your dermatologist’s equipment. Taking into account professionals undertake the work on a more specialist basis.
To keep the user safe, the instrument only works within a limited range. According to research, the lasers focus on pigment contrast between the hair and skin. It, therefore, sometimes, becomes less effective than expected.
Things to Lookout For
Before embarking on purchasing an at-home laser hair removal device, undertake some research. Laser treatment may not work for all persons. Some negatives identified include:
- Sensitive skin may become red and tender after the treatment
- People sometimes complain about the skin developing a scar or rough patches
- Some skin areas change color
- Individuals complain about inflammation areas developing
- Users experienced infection or skin burn because of the heat
For getting flawless skin, you must read
Difference Between Home and Salon Hair Removal Treatments
The difference between home and salon treatments remains basic. Home treatments normally align with individuals who carry limited knowledge of laser treatments.
For this reason, the equipment strength reflects lesser power than the professional ones. The primary reason for this relates to safe at-home hair laser removal and preventing users from hurting themselves.
The home products work within limited settings, and therefore they do not always work on lighter skin pigments. It does not mean a person with blond hair cannot use it, but the user may only notice the difference after a while.
The salon treatments give a person a more immediate result. The reason for this relates to the strength of the salon treatments. It offers a higher intensity than the home devices. The home devices work, but it takes longer than the specialized equipment.
Convenience plays a vital role when looking at at-home laser hair removals. Especially those areas one feels shy about, and it feels more relaxed to finish the hair removal at home.
Also, in terms of finances, it costs less than visiting a professional. Taking into account, the specialist assists with problem areas, and the user receives better outcomes after the treatment.
Are Home Laser Removal Treatments Safe?
At-home laser hair removal offers a safe environment if used responsibly. If a person uses an at-home laser hair removal product, a few key safety aspects stay critical. Persons who attend clinic treatments know the importance of hygiene.
People who prefer home treatments should keep safety in mind and attempt to follow similar examples. Ensure regular cleaning of the devices and the surrounding spaces.
It helps to discuss the usage of the at-home laser hair removal with a health specialist first or your beautician. Not all people react to it positively.
Users must understand how the use of laser treatments and the heat may affect their health. Some key areas to look out for includes the below:
- Do not use the laser hair removal close to sensitive areas, for example, the eyes
- Any place on the body, for example, the bikini line with soft skin, maybe a problem
- If a person has tattoos, these areas could be problem areas during the use of a laser
- Although not compulsory, some specialist’s advice the purpose of protection glasses during the use of the laser
- The device usually arrives with guidance notes. Understand what the pamphlet says or read up about it to collect more data about the use of an at-home laser removal device.
Generally, the at-home laser hair removal products consist of lower battery power. This decreases the possibility of users hurting themselves.
Is Laser Hair Removal Safe for Face?
Nothing is 100% free of risks. The treatment of laser hair removal on the face has very rare side effects. Sometimes there may be itching, reddening of the skin, regrowth of hair follicles. But, you must avoid using a diamond microdermabrasion machine, Ultracavitat machine, microneedling pen, massage gun, or a spray tan device on your face. Using these devices just before a laser hair removal device may not be safe for your facial skin and may show unwanted reactions. But, generally, using laser hair removal is safe for the face and you shouldn’t deprive your facial beauty for some minor risks. Contact a dermatologist, if you find any severe impact.
Is Laser Hair Removal Safe for Brazilian Hair?
The pubic area is a sensitive area where everyone wants to get rid of hair. Every time shaving or waxing Brazilian hair is really a troublesome work. Laser hair removal might be a good permanent alternative for that. It is 100% safe if you maintain proper hygiene. Laser removal of brazilian hair reduces hair from your pubic or vaginal area after several treatment. It doesn’t permanently remove but significantly reduces.
Is Laser Hair Removal Painful?
Laser hair removal don’t have significant pain. You might feel slight pincing sensation or something like rubber band like snapping if you don’t use numbning gels. Professionls use icy cool type numbning gels to feel better and no pain sensation. So, If you are worring about pain while hair removal by laser machine, you can be rest assured about not feeling the pain.
Tips to Follow During Home Laser Hair Removals
To use the at-home laser hair removal product, a few tips become necessary to follow.
- Purchase an FDA approved product. The safety of our skin remains critical, and the purchasing of non-accredited products may cause harm to our skin.
- Purchase a product aligned with your needs.
- Verify if the laser successfully works with the removal of your hair color and skin pigments.
- Prepare your skin before the time. Stay away from the sun, waxing, shaving, and hair removal creams before the use of the laser.
- Apply preparation creams before you start. These creams a person can purchase at a specialized beauty clinic or shop. Also, look at online product availabilities.
- Avoid overuse of the skin laser machine not to damage your skin in the process.
- After a laser treatment stay away from the sun, rich scented creams, waxing, or shaving. Laser treatment leaves our skin sensitive, and special care becomes necessary after the use of the device.
- Take into account to reach success, and multiple sessions become a requirement. Maybe only a couple of weeks, users may see the results. Hair also grows faster in certain areas.
- The recommendation is to use the at-home device safely one day every week. After three months, the user notices the results in full.
- At-home laser hair removals differ in price. The lower range starts at $40 until $400. Depending on a person’s budget and needs, the more expensive ones provide better results.
- Remember, in the beginning, especially, the treatment feels uncomfortable and may hurt.
- The product provides a temporary solution for hair growth removal. It does not mean the hair will never grow back.
These at-home laser hair removal tips give the guidance we need to stay safe and gain the necessary results. Treatments should include a healthy and hygienic environment.
Maintaining your device allows for improved treatments and also keeps your skin safe. Identify proper cleaning materials available at the specialized shops available online or at the clinic.
In conclusion, yes, at-home laser hair removal offers a safe and comfortable method of reducing unwanted hair growth. The safety concept relies on the user to purchase an accredited FDA product, prepare the skin before treatment, and maintain the treated areas afterward.
Attempt to stay away from the sun after the use of the product. The purpose of the device provides a more relaxed environment than waiting at a salon for treatment to start. It depends on the preferences and specialized needs of the user.[ABTM id=4406]
You can also read:
Last update on 2021-08-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API