Facial steamers are popular among people who are facial conscious. To ensure maximum facial complexion it is necessary to use the best steamer machine that suitable for your skin.
In this facial steamer review, we have highlighted the good things and bad things of different facial steamers in the market. When comes the necessity of facial steaming we always need a steamer for our skin. But it is really difficult to identify the best facial steamer among all professional steamers in the market.
Most of us would often wish to have a healthy and glowing beautiful skin.Thus, many of us would often spend a significant amount of money on products like professional facial steamer that would help us maintain that beautiful glow. So if you would love to try out the latest beauty devices in the market today, this article will help find the best one that meets your demands.
Recently, this innovation has become a big hit, especially to people who like portable steamers for their skin because it’s proven to be an effective enhancer for steaming your face.
Best Facial Steamer for Home Use in 2018
In this review, we are going to compile 10 of the professional facial steamers that are available on Amazon as of today. Although there are so many facial steamers available in the market, with these reviews, you will be able to narrow down the best one that you think is suited to your skin and preferences.
01. Pure Daily Care 3-in-1 Nano Steamer
Pure Daily Care’s 3-in-1 nano steamer comes with a temperature control knob- a feature hardly available in any other professional facial steamer which makes it stand out in the whole crowd of nano steamers.
It has a 200 ml water tank, which makes it suitable for use as a humidifier. Besides, it has the regular “auto power off when the tank is dry feature” which makes it safe to use.
It also has a separate chamber for warming towel which makes it ideal for them who want more out of their money. It’s quite powerful & sufficient for home as well as professional use.
- It’s charged ionic nano steamer that produces highly absorbable steam.
- Along with facial treatment, you can also use it for humidifying the room.
- Has a separate towel chamber for warming the towel for extra refreshment.
- Beautiful design. Easy to use & clean.
- 200 ml large water tank gives continuous steaming for up to 30 mins.
- Also has a temperature control knob.
- The auto turn-off is quite sensitive. Can get irritating sometimes if not used correctly.
- Can’t be used with essential oils.
- No PTC heating inside the device. So takes time to generate steam.
- Big size. Not easily portable.
If we call this product a facial steamer alone, we are wrong. It is also a good humidifier that can humidify an average room. We recommend it to anyone who desires a long sauna session.
02. Okachi Gleya Nano Steamer
It has a powerful ceramic heater that starts steaming in under 30 seconds of switching.
It’s Medium in size, easily portable and produces superfine nano steam which gives an easy penetration into your pores. Just like most nano steamers in the market, it automatically powers off when the tank is empty. Besides, it comes with innovative touch LED indicator buttons and temperature regulator.
- Built-in temperature control that doesn’t let the steam be excessively hot.
- BPA free body ensures no plastic smell or harmful release.
- Beautiful design. Adds to the elegance of the room.
- Has nozzle-covering mirror that enhances look and saves nozzle from dust.
- No Ozone generator.
- Can be used only with purified water. No essential oils.
The Okachi Gliya nano steamer is a steamer that we love for two reasons; its elegance, and its price. It will be a great gift idea for your sweetheart.
03. Conair Facial Sauna with Timer: Blue/Cream
This facial steamer enables you to have a facial spa at home. It is now possible to steam your skin easily. There are a plethora of uses for this steamer. By steaming, you can rejuvenate your skin by opening clogged pores. Sinus problems are a past with it. Thanks to the narrow sinus cone, you can clear sinus and passages. The cones are also dual facial, meaning you can use them in a number of ways. So as not to burn your skin, it also comes with a timer. It will automatically shut off when water is filled. Overall, it is easy and safe for use. It is also customizable.
Accessories supplied are in terms of sponges and cones. Thanks to them, you can moisturize your face easily.
- Easy to Use
- The price is affordable
- Comes with several accessories
- The base material is not that durable
04. Beauty Nymph Spa Home Facial Steamer Sauna
The Beauty Nymph Face Steamer allows you to get all spa benefits at your place. One of its best features is the full face mask. The latter uses steam to open your pores. This will help in removing impurities. It also helps to cleanse the skin. The steam level is adjustable and easy to use. This face steamer is multi-purpose. Moisturizing the skin is made easy. The latter is done before applying makeup. In addition to that, it also softens the skin. Thus, makeup will last longer. When cleansing the skin, it removes dirt, makeup, oil and others from the skin. You can carry it when traveling, making it flexible. Water is heated electrically. It has a small reservoir.
- It is easy to use
- It can be easily carried
- Steam level is adjustable
- Instructions are not easy to understand
- Steam level varies from device to device
05. 3 in 1 Aromatherapy Facial Steamer
The 3 in 1 Facial Steamer is a very high-quality steamer. This is because it has a plethora of uses. By using distilled water, it can produce a higher quality of pressured steam. Skin cleansing is smoothly done. With its Ozone function, the steam is purified when it goes through the steamer. Thus, it is much cleaner and safer for use. It is also possible to use it for aromatherapy. The steam comes with an Herbal Basket. The latter is compatible with essential oils as well. A lot of useful accessories are provided to compensate for the price. It comes with 16 diopters, used to magnify and inspect the skin. For forehead treatment, it comes with a mushroom electrode. Dark circles treatment can also be done. If you have pimples, then the zapper electrode will work wonders for you. Finally, the comb electrode will help to stimulate hair growth on the scalp.
Despite its price, it is one of the best on the market. The different accessories are a boon for use. It provides a variety of uses. From cleansing to getting rid of dark circles, it is the best. You won’t regret purchasing it.
- It has a plethora of uses
- A lot of accessories are provides
- The device is of high quality
- It is a bit expensive
06. Microdermabrasion Machine and Facial Steamer 11-in-1
This device is a steamer as well as a microdermabrasion machine. As advertised, it has 11 uses in 1. However, the most important and interesting features are the Herbal steamer and Ozone system. For higher quality of pressured steam, the ozone function sterilizes the latter. This also makes it safe for use. The timer is also silent meaning it won’t wake up kids at night. The magnifying lamps will provide you 5x magnification. It can also be mounted on an adjustable arm. It can also be used for aromatherapy. It also tones the skin. The toning is done by stimulating blood circulation and oxygenating the skin. The microdermabrasion works wonders too. It can be used to treat sun damage, wrinkles and much more. In addition to that, it does not use any chemicals.
This 11-in-1 device is one of the best you’ll ever get. From aromatherapy, microdermabrasion, it has a lot of uses. Even though it is expensive, it compensates in terms of durability. A lot of accessories are also provided to help with various uses. Overall, it is great.
- It has a plethora of uses
- A lot of accessories are provides
- The device is of high quality
- It is pretty expensive
- Might be difficult to use for some
07. Kingdom Cares Facial Steamer
Since nearly two decades Kingdom facial steamer has been selling beauty devices, and this steamer is proof that they know how to do it.
This product heats up in less than 30 seconds and delivers excellent nano steam when the water evaporates.
The powerful nano ionized steam that easily reaches deep into skin & is absorbed naturally. It has an adjustable nozzle for perfect steaming.
The steamer also has a lamp built into it that sterilizes the vapor before releasing it. This has a built-in make up mirror with which you can use to check yourself after a sauna session.
However, it shouldn’t be a substitute for your room’s main mirror since it is relatively small.
- Has built-in UV lamp that sterilizes the vapor and ensures it reaches skin in purest condition.
- Sturdy enough to be used as room humidifier or towel steamer.
- 100 ml water tank that runs nearly 20-25 minutes.
- Can be used with only purified water. No essential oils.
If you’re looking for a mini room humidifier and a facial steamer, you won’t be wrong if you go with this product. The features mentioned above are the specialty of this facial steamer. However, you have to be mindful of its plastic chassis while handling it.
08. Panasonic EH-SA95-P Nano Steamer
It’s for those who want the best product irrespective of price. Having a 200ml tank, the Panasonic EH-SA95-P can deliver cold mist for 50 minutes to make it useful for a humidifier.
Its excellent build quality and dual air outlets are some of the great features we may have.
- Comes with dual steaming options- nano hot steam or micro cold mist.
- Comes with eight preloaded beauty courses including quick hot & cold course.
- Very premium looks & feel.
- Adjustable air nozzles for better facial coverage & ease of use.
- Compact in size, easy to transport.
- Heavy compared to other facial steamers. Weighs nearly 2kg.
- Can’t be used with essential oils
- The machine is highly powerful, produces some vibrating noise when used.
Most people want their facial steamer to have an adjustable air nozzle and a large water tank. The Panasonic Steamer Nano Care Pink EH-SA95-P delivers when it comes to these features. Unless you’re someone looking for extra features of a facial steamer, this is an excellent choice for you.
09. KINGDOMBEAUTY Cool Mist Moisturizing Steamer
Within a couple of seconds, it starts working, and it is perfect for them who are looking for cooling steam rather than hot.
With Kingdom Beauty’s excellent build quality and affordable price, this product becomes ideal for gifting as well.
Having a 240 ml water tank gives this product a 2-in-1 feature of facial steamer and humidifier. Having the standard features of auto shut off when the tank is dry, and compact design gives it a spot on our list.
- Big enough water tank to allow 20-30 minutes of cool steaming.
- Uses ultrasonic vibration to break water into steam. Makes steam readily absorbable into the skin.
- Can be used for all skin types.
- Movable steam outlet makes it easy to use and focus on different areas of the face.
- Having plastic build, it might smell plastic on first few uses.
- Produces only cold steam. No hot steaming. Can’t be substituted for hot steaming.
- No temperature or steam control.
If you think 150 ml to 200 ml of water is too small, then a 240 ml tank may meet your needs. That is an outstanding feature of this facial steamer.
Besides, it can release steam for 20-30 minutes which makes it useful for humidifying a room. We’ll recommend it to those looking for a long sauna session and something more significant for humidifying a room.
10. Secura S-192 Facial Steamer
So if you’re not going to use a hair steamer than you should avoid buying this. Because it costs almost double than the dedicated facial steamers.
Instead of the regular nano steam than other steamers give, the Secura S-192 delivers in micro steam which is bigger than the micro.
Nevertheless, the micro steams are small enough to pass through the pores of your body. Other than that, this facial steamer can be used as a hair steamer too. It can be adjusted to your face’s position as well.
- It produces 1-5 micrometer ultra-fine mist that can be quickly absorbed by skin & hair. It’s Large enough & adjustable dome to the whole steam head.
- Built-in Ozone generator that helps reduce itchiness & prevents dandruff. Has dedicated switch to turn ozone on/off as well.
- Being powerful enough it can be used as interior humidifier as well.
- Shuts off automatically when the reservoir is empty.
- Comes with 1-year manufacturer warranty which is extendable by paying more.
- The auto shut-off feature is very sensitive so it can stop working if not assembled or used correctly.
- No temperature adjustment is available.
We love this facial steamer for one thing; having an adjustable steam head. It’s a great feature if you desire comfort while steaming your face. It is an excellent facial steamer, despite its lack of height and temperature adjustment.
11. Panasonic EH-SA31VP Spa-Quality Facial Steamer
The Panasonic facial steamer will help you enjoy steaming again. Treatments are done under 6 minutes. The steamer produces Nano-sized particles. This is pretty good. These penetrate the skins much face. Skin moisturizing is thus easily done. It can be used to remove makeup. Cleansing of the skin is also easy. This will remove any impurities the skin. It will make your skin look natural. Your complexion will also be brighter. If used regularly, one will quickly notice the changes. It can be used either in the evening or end of the day. The steamer will help refresh the skin. After a long day of work, it is ideal. In terms of style and design, it is pretty compact. It is ideal for any bathroom or dressing area.
Despite the price, this device is pretty good. Overall, it is solid and durable. The quality of the material is also high. The steam generated is of high quality and penetrates the pores faster. Even though the reservoir is not solid, the device does a job.
- Easy to Use
- The device is solid a durable
- The water reservoir is not that durable
What is the Professional Facial Steamer?
The facial steamers are like portable steamers that you can conveniently bring anywhere you go. Its primary purpose is to keep your skin healthy by hydrating and purifying it from unwanted blemishes by using steam. It helps remove hard sebum underneath the pores by steaming your face.
And with the same process, it also tightens those pores to keep the dirt from coming back, thus leaving a smooth and porcelain-like skin.
It also reduces extreme oil build-up, but exfoliation is never comfortable with this device, so it’s more of a light beauty enhancer. Hence, this product is ideal for people who would love to find an additional beautifying technique that they could add to their daily beauty regimen.
How to Choose the Best Home Facial Steamer?
Getting a facial steamer from the market could be a difficult task. There are so many brands offering professional facial steamers for sale. Besides, there are different kinds of facial steamers on the market.
Not all of them is fit for your skin. If you intend to make your skin have a unique look, the best way to go is to have a perfect professional facial steamer for your skin.
For those who love going to the spa after spending some weeks at the office, you’ll appreciate the usefulness of a professional facial steamer when you use it. Someone may easily notice the changes in your skin after using a facial steamer.
So, if you intend to get a home facial steamer, here are some factors you should be watching out for. We hope these factors will guide you in choosing the right facial steamer for yourself.
Capacity Of Facial Steamer
If I were to get a facial steamer for home use, one of the primary factor I would check is the volume. Yes, the size of the water tank matters a lot if you intend to steam your face for longer.
However, if you bought a facial steamer with a smaller tank, you can still refill it if you have finished steaming your face. Nevertheless, the best option is getting one with a tank capacity that can supply steam for as long as you want.
So what capacity of water tank should your facial steamer have? Well, you should note that the average face sauna session takes about 10 to 18 minutes.
Most beauty specialists suggest a face sauna session of 15 minutes for the best results. To get continuous steam for 10 minutes, you will need no less than 90 ml of the water tank.
However, this is not fixed as it depends on the heat settings of your facial steamer. But this rule works for most facial steamers. So you’re pretty safe to get something with this capacity or higher. If you’re still skeptical about it, then get something with a higher capacity.
For those intending to use facial steam as a humidifier, you will need a bigger tank for it. Also, note that the bigger the room, the bigger the water tank you’ll need for it for more steam. So if you require facial steamer for all purposes, you should get one with 400 ml to a 200 ml water tank.
Steam Quality and Flow Size of the Steam
Another factor I would be considering if I were to buy a professional facial steamer is the quality of steam and its flow. While bowl water steaming is a good idea, it’s still a far cry from facial steaming machines when it comes to flow and steam quality.
But why is this factor so important? One of the reasons is that face steamers make use of ceramic elements and ultrasonic vaporizer to steam water.
The vaporizer generates steam in smooth particles about the size of some tens of nanometers. This makes it more useful for steam to open up pores and moisturize it quickly.
As for the steam flow, one should check if it is strong, smooth, and distributed evenly. Professional facial steamer with great features like this one will make the whole process comfortable and efficient.
Another function worth considering before identifying a facial steamer is the Ozone function. The Ozone function is a function that is said to sterilize and purify steam through the use of a UV lamp. For some reasons, some people think this is a marketing gimmick for some machines at a specific price range.
However, if you are going for a high-end purifier like the ones priced above $1000, you’re pretty sure of finding this feature in it. If you still can’t afford the super expensive ones, you’ll still be okay with the facial steamers priced under $300.
If you want your sauna session to be quick, then you should be considering something that delivers fast. That’s why you need to consider facial steamers with the high steam flow and high-temperature settings. However, this factor depends on you.
If you’re the kind that always wants to steam before going to work, then consider this factor. Otherwise, go for any other steamer in the market. However, you should note that professional facial steamers with large water tank require more heat and more time to boil.
Other factors you should be considering for your professional facial steamer include noise, robustness, and auto power off. The most important of the three of them is the auto power off. However, you’ll still get a great facial steamer if you consider our top four factors alone.
How Does a Facial Steamer Work?
This is the one question that has been asked by many curious people. Most people ask this to know the trick behind the healthy and smooth skin a facial steamer gives. Indeed, a facial steamers are high in the fight against acne, and they help keep the skin fresh and soft. It is no surprise that so many people are asking how the little man made machine does its trick. Well, if you belong to such category of persons, then keep on reading as we unravel the mystery behind this human-made wonder.
Now back to the question, how does a facial steamer work? Before we answer that question, lets lists out what a facial steamer does. By understanding its functionality, we will get an insight into the operations of a facial steamer. If you have a facial steamer here are some things it can do for you.
- It Cleanses Your Sweat Pores: After the day’s work, your body becomes clogged with dirt. However, using a facial steamer removes all that dirt from your body.
- It Makes Your Skin More Responsive to Other Treatments: Upon the removal of dirt from your sweat pores, it becomes easier for it to absorb any treatment you apply to your skin.
- Improves Blood Circulation: It makes your blood vessels dilate for more blood to circulate the body.
- Removal of Toxic Substances From the Body: Using a facial steamer, you can remove poisonous substances from the body as you sweat.
- Encourages Relaxation: When we apply steam to the body, it feels calm and gives a soothing feeling when you add oil to it.
Now that’s what you can do with that little wonder at your disposal. Having known what it does, let’s move on to how it does what it does (i.e. how it works).
When a facial steamer is applied to your body, it makes it sweat. The sweats emanating from your skin go further in opening your sweat pores. Besides, it will soften the region of dead skin cells around the surface where it exists. This action goes more also in releasing dirt and other trash on your face which on a normal condition wouldn’t have been released. Naturally, the human skin releases sebum.
Sebum is a fluid that shields the skin and lubricates it. However, if it is locked within a follicle, it can lead to a breakout which could be in the style of a blackhead.
Upon application of steam to the face, the blackhead plugs become soft, and it releases them from follicle vaults. A person with mild acne can get cured through this process.
However, severe conditions of acne or skin problems such as rosacea need the services of a medical professional before considering a facial steamer.
How to Use Facial Steamer for Home Use?
Getting a facial steamer for yourself saves you the time spent at the spa. At first, you need to identify the facial steamer for your skin. However, using it wrongly may cause significant damage to your skin.
Thus, it becomes essential to know how to use it. But before we discuss how to use a facial steamer, one should note that there are two alternate methods for steaming the face. They are
- Steaming With Warm Cloth/towels: This is done by dipping the towels into the clean hot water and squeeze it out. Allow the towel to cool down until the temperature becomes comfortably warm. Next, you apply it to your face. You can repeatedly do this.
- Steaming With a Hot Bowl of Water: This is done by boiling a pot of water and pouring it into a dish that can withstand the high temperature of the water. Such bowls could be ceramic or plastic. Next, the user dips his/her face close to the dish so he/she can feel the heat.
Now, these two alternate methods are used. But they aren’t as convenient as using a facial steamer. Therefore, if you have a facial steamer, you’re having convenience in your possession. Here is how to make use of a facial steamer.
If you are suffering from acne breakouts, one way of curing it is through the use of a facials steamer. However, it is important to note that you can clean some form of whiteheads and blackheads with soap and water.
Nevertheless using a face steamer can be helpful in removing acne. Here are the steps to take when using a facial steamer to treat acne or for beautification.
- Cleansing: Clean your skin first to remove dirt from the surface of your face. You should do this to avoid clog of dirt around your sweat pores. Besides, it becomes easy to remove like blackhead and whiteheads with little pimples.
- Exfoliate: Subtly, exfoliate your skin by using a mild scrub to scrub around your skin small circles. Try to concentrate on your nose and forehead. Give the oily areas more attention by exfoliating them more and more.
- Steam: After cleansing your face, the application of steam on it will make it soft and the pores will become open. This process makes it easy to remove impurities from your skin. The application of masks and serums when the pores are open makes room for easy penetration into the skin.
- Mask: When steaming is complete apply the mask to your face. For people suffering from acne, the charcoal mask could be a bonus in helping the situation.
- Moisturize: Use the right kind of moisturizer to moisturize your skin. Don’t forget to apply broad spectrum SPF30 or higher to shield your skin from severe damages from UV. Besides, promote and maintain youthful skin.
Why Should You Use a Professional Facial Steamer?
The use of facial steamers for beauty purposes is not a new idea. In ancient times, people make use of towels to dry up their face before bowing their heads over a pot of steam. While there have been changes, the process is pretty much like the old process.
However, it is much more comfortable and less dangerous than the old methods. Since most facial steamers are regulated (unlike the bowl water option), there is less chance of burning out your skin in the process of steaming your face. With that said, here is what you stand to gain by making use of a facial steamer.
- Gives a Refreshing Feel After a Stressful Day: Steam gives a calm feeling after you apply to the face. By adding the right oils or herb to the water, you’ll get a soothing, healing sauna session when you use a facial steamer.
- Makes the Skin Receptive to Other Treatments: When pores become open, and you remove the dirt, your pores can absorb any treatment you give to it at a faster rate.
- Improves the Flow of Blood and Reduces the Chances of Aging: Aging occurs when your body slows down in reproducing cells. By making use of facial steamer, you revive your body cells and improve blood flow. This gives a fresh look you get after a sauna session.
- Help to Cure Acne by Opening the Pores and Removing Toxic Substances: Dense oils usually form acne under the skin. By using a facial steamer, you can dissolve those thick parts of your skin and make it easier to remove those spots by rubbing on them.
- Removal of Toxic Substances by Causing Your Skin to Sweat: Toxic materials such as dirt and oils on your skin could lead to skin irritation and diseases. By using a facial steamer, you can get rid of those substances before it becomes a real threat.
Other Additional Features One Will Get by Using a Facial Steamer Includes:
- Dissolves stubborn sebum and removes whiteheads/blackheads
- Decongests the sinuses
- Cleanse to purify the skin in a natural way
- Moisturizes the skin
- Save the extra costs one would have spent in the spa
- Humidifies the room by adding more moisture to it
How Often Should You Use a Facial Steamer?
Facial steamer helps in keeping your skin fresh and beautiful for some time. However, using a facial steamer frequently may do more harm than good to your skin.
To this end, one should mind how frequent he/she makes use of the facial steamer. A right way of monitoring your facial steamer use is by taking note on your smartphone of the day you used it.
A piece of paper will do great help in documenting your facial steamer use. However, the handiness of smartphones makes it ideal to record the periods of using a facial steamer. But if you’re not the forgetful type, there is less need to document your facial steaming sessions.
After having a conversation with most beauty experts and manufacturers, we came up with a guide that you can follow. However, this guide is dependent on the type of skin you are having.
- Regular Skin: Use facial steamers once in two weeks for 12 minutes in each session.
- Dry Skin: Use facial steamers every two weeks; do it for around 12 to 18 minutes in each session.
- For Treatment of Acne or Oily Skin: Make use of facial steamers two times per a week for 12 minutes in each session.
How Do You Know Your Skin Type?
Use a mild cleanser to clean your face and dry it gently. Leave your skin open (without moisturizers, or any form of treatment) for 30 minutes. Next check your nose, cheeks, and your forehead for any sign of glow. After 30 minutes, check if your skin is dehydrated.
If your skin has a tight feeling, then it is dry, if you have a shine on your nose or forehead, then it is normal. Whether you notice a shine on your forehead and nose, then it is oily.
If your skin is sensitive, we suggest that you consult a dermatologist for further help. Besides, you should remember that these are not hard and fast rules. Your body is the best indicator of your need for facial steamers.
All in all, each of the facial steamers are excellent choice if you are looking to identify the best facial steamer for skin. While some of the professional facial steamers have a good deal of features, some of them have lesser features but better performance.
While some of them are pricey, some of them are as cheap as a one-time meal! We hope our guide help you making the right decision for steaming your face needs.