As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
What is Aromatherapy Facial?
People usually decide to have a facial when they want to rejuvenate their skin, make themselves look and feel younger and more beautiful. But improving our looks and making us look the best we can possibly look is not the only thing facials can do, and treatments like the aromatherapy facial are proof of that.
Don’t get us wrong, the aromatherapy facial treatment will still have favorable effects on your skin, making it supple and radiant, but the most significant is the psychological effect the aroma facial has on any client who decides to try it out.
Aromatherapy Facial Benefits
When we think of aromatherapy, we think of oils, massage soothing fragrances and relaxing music, and that is exactly what it is about. It’s the most relaxing facial treatment you will ever experience. It will make you feel fresh, rested and relaxed just as if you’ve returned from a week-long holiday. Besides these, you may get the following Aroma Facial benefits:
- Facial steam from a professional facial steamer makes the skin clear.
- It involves the use of essential oils which have a lot of benefits to the skin.
- The exfoliation step with an aroma scrub causes the removal of dead cells.
- The use of aroma products and the essential oils provides a soothing effect to your facial nerves.
- You can perform this at home as well as at a beauty salon.
Aroma Facial Steps
Step 1: Cleansing
In order for the benefits of any treatment to be used to the fullest, it’s always necessary to first clean the face of any impurities that might prevent the ingredients of the oils and creams to penetrate through the epidermis and into the deeper layers of the skin. Unless this is done, those ingredients will simply linger on the surface without producing the desired results.
The process of cleansing can further be enhanced by using a toner and a facial steamer to remove any impurities left behind by the cleanser and the cleanser itself. This will leave the skin squeaky clean and ready for the next step of the process.
Step 2: Exfoliation
The process of exfoliation is very important for this treatment as it removes the upper layer of dry skin, leaving it completely prepared for the aromatic oils and massage that comes next. You can do it with either an enzyme concentrate or the usual granulated exfoliating cream. Before continuing to the next step it’s important to thoroughly remove the scrub or the enzyme solution, depending on which one was used.
Step 3: Aromatherapy Massage
The massage is the most relaxing part of the whole treatment. You can do it by applying to the face a mixture of massage oil and the chosen essential oil. The esthetician then performs a pressure point massage of the whole face for about 15 minutes. The massage helps relax the muscles and boost blood circulation.
This will, in turn, enable the vitamins from the essential oil to penetrate in the deeper layer of the epidermis and nourish the skin from the inside. In addition to that, the essential oil massage will help relax the mind and take your thoughts off the problems . After completing the massage, remove the excess oil with damp cotton pads.
Step 4: Vitamin Mask
This treatment would not be complete without a nice, rejuvenating vitamin mask that tones, tightens and hydrates the skin. Apply a thin layer of the appropriate vitamin mask and leave it on the face for 5-10 minutes. Gently clean the face with lukewarm water.
Step 5: Moisturizing
Finish off by applying a hydrating cream complete with an SPF to nourish and protect the skin after leaving the salon.
Side Effects of Aroma Facial
Some individuals may experience irritation, rashes or itching effect on their skin. It varies depending on skin type and allergic response of the skin.
There is a saying that how we feel on the inside reflects how we look on the outside. If this is true, then rest assured that this treatment will leave you looking better than after any other facial. Both men and women can use aromatherapy facial treatment. This will calm your mind, body, and soul and the amazing effect will be clearly visible for days.
Here is a video tutorial for you:
- Preparation of A Spray Tan: What to do before a spray tan? Many people approach artificial tanning without the necessary preparation. Lack of preparatory steps leads to poor tanning results. - April 9, 2020
- Foot Massage Reflexology, It’s Benefits And Risks Foot massage reflexology might not be scientifically proven to cure some diseases or medical conditions. But it is a useful complementary therapy that can help reduce some symptoms such as pain and anxiety. - April 5, 2020
- 16 Tips to Make Your Spray Tan Last Longer-Facial Adviser! Here we shared 16 tips how your spray tan can last for long time. - April 2, 2020