As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 What is Aromatherapy Facial?
- 2 Aromatherapy Facial Benefits
- 3 Aromatherapy Facial Steps
- 4 Is Aromatherapy Good for The Skin?
- 5 Which Essential Oil is Good for Face Massage?
- 6 How Can Aromatherapy Be Used in The Basic Facial?
- 7 How Often Should I Undergo An Aromatherapy Facial?
- 8 Aromatherapy Facial Cost
- 9 Side Effects of Aroma Facial
- 10 Final Words
What is Aromatherapy Facial?
Aromatherapy facials are spa treatments that involve diverse massage options to smoothen skin. As the name implies, aromatherapy uses essential oils to improve physical and psychological health.
Nowadays, everyone wants to appear beautiful and radiant. People constantly spend a lot of money and time looking gorgeous. Among several activities to enhance body beauty, a facial gives the most noticeable benefit.
For centuries, many have used essential oils to treat diverse ailments, including skin conditions like scars and wrinkles.
Essential oils are extracts from seeds, flowers, leaves, and plant stems. They have properties needed to treat various skin conditions. Coating your face with this vital product is a reliable way to keep your skin healthy.
Essential or volatile plant oils are from the distillation of plants. They are without preservatives, fragrances, or toxic chemicals. Applying them to the face helps to nourish the skin tissues and remove dead cells.
Aromatherapy facial is one of the few ways to make your skin glow again. It deals with skin dryness and dehydration. In winter, one can use essential oils as exfoliators to improve skin looks.
Aromatherapy can form a part of your daily beauty routine in many ways. Sometimes you can mix the oil with your facial steam so it can penetrate your skin tissues. You can also add the essential oil to their bathing water.
People usually decide to have a facial when they want to rejuvenate their skin, make themselves look and feel younger and more beautiful. But improving our looks and making us look the best we can possibly look is not the only thing facials can do, and treatments like the aromatherapy facial are proof of that.
Don’t get us wrong, the aromatherapy facial treatment will still have favorable effects on your skin, making it supple and radiant, but the most significant is the psychological effect the aroma facial has on any client who decides to try it out.
Aromatherapy Facial Products
Aromatherapy Facial Benefits
When we think of aromatherapy, we think of oils, different types of massage soothing fragrances, and relaxing music, and that is exactly what it is about. It’s the most relaxing facial treatment you will ever experience. It will make you feel fresh, rested, and relaxed just as if you’ve returned from a week-long holiday. Besides these, you may get the following Aroma Facial benefits:
- Facial steam from a professional facial steamer makes the skin clear.
- It involves the use of essential oils which have a lot of benefits to the skin.
- The exfoliation step with an aroma scrub causes the removal of dead cells.
- The use of aroma products and essential oils provides a soothing effect to your facial nerves.
- You can perform this at home as well as at a beauty salon.
Aromatherapy Facial Steps
Step 1: Cleansing
In order for the benefits of any treatment to be used to the fullest, it’s always necessary to first clean the face of any impurities that might prevent the ingredients of the oils and creams to penetrate through the epidermis and into the deeper layers of the skin. Unless this is done, those ingredients will simply linger on the surface without producing the desired results.
The process of cleansing can further be enhanced by using a toner and a facial steamer to remove any impurities left behind by the cleanser and the cleanser itself. This will leave the skin squeaky clean and ready for the next step of the process.
Step 2: Exfoliation
The process of exfoliation is very important for this treatment as it removes the upper layer of dry skin, leaving it completely prepared for the aromatic oils and massage that comes next. You can do it with either an enzyme concentrate or the usual granulated exfoliating cream. Before continuing to the next step it’s important to thoroughly remove the scrub or the enzyme solution, depending on which one was used.
Step 3: Aromatherapy Massage
The massage is the most relaxing part of the whole treatment. You can do it by applying to the face a mixture of massage oil and the chosen essential oil. The esthetician then performs a pressure point massage of the whole face for about 15 minutes. The massage helps relax the muscles and boost blood circulation.
This will, in turn, enable the vitamins from the essential oil to penetrate the deeper layer of the epidermis and nourish the skin from the inside. In addition to that, the essential oil massage will help relax the mind and take your thoughts off the problems. After completing the massage, remove the excess oil with damp cotton pads.
Step 4: Vitamin Mask
This treatment would not be complete without a nice, rejuvenating vitamin mask that tones, tightens, and hydrates the skin. Apply a thin layer of the appropriate vitamin mask and leave it on the face for 5-10 minutes. Gently clean the face with lukewarm water.
Step 5: Moisturizing
Finish off by applying a hydrating moisturizing cream complete with an SPF to nourish and protect the skin after leaving the salon.
Is Aromatherapy Good for The Skin?
Aromatherapy involves essential oils, soothing fragrances, and music therapy. Today, aromatherapy facial is among the most used facial treatment. It makes your skin fresh. Let’s consider the various benefits of aromatherapy to the skin.
- Removes dead cells – Facial therapy always goes with exfoliation. As you scrub the skin, it clears the dead cell, exposing fresh ones. More so, aromatherapy facial uses essential oil, promoting the development of new cells while removing dead ones. The aroma products provide a soothing feel to the facial nerves. Hence, it creates the needed environment for oil to penetrate and nourish your skin.
- Delays aging – Aromatherapy facial creates a considerable difference in your skin over time. It causes wrinkles and fine lines to disappear. Of course, that means a fresher and youthful skin look.
- Promotes clear skin – Aromatherapy facial uses steam that cleans and widens the pores, removing impurities. These essential oils have anti-bacterial properties which help the skin to recover faster from specific ailments. Overall, aromatherapy facial promotes natural beauty.
- Detoxes skin – The essential oil purifies the surface and enters the inner layers of the skin. It washes off the impurities and detoxes the skin.
- Improves blood circulation – Aromatherapy facial is essential for a natural skin glow. What makes your skin fresh is better blood circulation. That’s because the nutrients in the blood can quickly nourish the skin cells.
- Stress buster – We can’t exhaust aromatherapy benefits to the skin without drawing your attention to the relaxation feel it creates. Since aromatherapy facials involve essential oils, it calms your nerves and senses. It keeps your mind relaxed during the massage, boosting your psychological well-being.
Which Essential Oil is Good for Face Massage?
Most essential oil brands on the market will work per your skin’s elasticity and texture. So, it’s vital to know which type works for your skin.
- Chamomile, tea tree oil – If your skin is dry or has insufficient moisture, use chamomile or tea tree essential oil.
- Citrus oil – Lemon and orange-derived oils are perfect for removing blemishes and enhancing your skin tone.
- Jasmine and Rose oil – These types help to improve skin moisture and replenish lost tissues.
- Eucalyptus – It has antimicrobial properties, making it an excellent choice for treating acute acne and other inflammations.
- Lavender – When looking for essential oil for healthy skin, Lavender is the option. It’s nourishing, calming, and gentle. It clears blemishes, gives your skin a youthful look. If you want to treat sunburns or irritations, then use lavender oil.
- Neroli or vetiver oil – If your skin is sensitive, neroli or vetiver oil will help.
How Can Aromatherapy Be Used in The Basic Facial?
After knowing the essential oil to use, let’s consider how to use an aromatherapy facial.
- Create the perfect environment with dim lights and sweet-smelling candles.
- Wipe your face with a mixture of tea tree, aloe vera, and olive oils. Cleaning the face removes impurities that would prevent the oil from penetrating deep into your skin. Otherwise, those essential ingredients will remain on the surface of the skin.
- Add a few drops of volatile essential oil to a hot tub to create steam.
- Steam your face. This step removes impurities that could linger after the wipe. It makes the skin super clean and ready for the ingredients.
- You should exfoliate your skin to remove the upper layer, leaving it entirely ready to receive the aromatic oils.
- Add a few drops of essential oil to your cream. Use the blend to massage your face gently. This process lasts for about 15 minutes. Massage relaxes the facial dilates the veins to boost blood flow. Of course, this allows the essential oil to go deeper into the skin for more effective impact. After the massage, use a damp cloth to remove the excess cream.
- Create a basic aromatherapy facial pack with a blend of yogurt, sandalwood powder, and honey. Increase the scent of the mix with a few drops of essential oil.
- Apply the mask on your face and leave it for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Please wait until it’s dry before washing it off with lukewarm water.
- Finally, apply a hydrating cream to nourish your skin thoroughly.
How Often Should I Undergo An Aromatherapy Facial?
Excessive application of essential can expose you to harmful reactions. So, what’s the ideal way to use it. Here’s it. Use 1 to 2 drops of essential oil about 3 to 4 times a day. If you have doubts, speak with a dermatologist.
Aromatherapy Facial Cost
Aromatherapy facial sessions cost around $50 to $150. Sometimes the price of oil and ingredients determines the amount to pay for the session.
Side Effects of Aroma Facial
Some individuals may experience irritation, rashes, or itching effect on their skin. It varies depending on skin type and allergic response of the skin.
There is a saying that how we feel on the inside reflects how we look on the outside. If this is true, then rest assured that this treatment will leave you looking better than after any other facial. Both men and women can use aromatherapy facial treatment. This will calm your mind, body, and soul and the amazing effect will be clearly visible for days.
Here is a video tutorial for you:
Last update on 2021-08-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API