As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
There are many ways to remove unwanted hair such as tweezing, shaving, waxing, and laser hair removal. Brazilian laser hair removal is one of the commonly performed cosmetic procedures in the United States.
Brazilian laser hair removal results last longer than other hair removal methods, which explains why many people prefer it over other hair removal procedures.
- 1 What is Brazilian Laser Hair Removal?
- 2 Brazilian Laser Hair Removal Benefits
- 3 Brazilian Hair Removal Device
- 4 Preparing for Brazilian Laser Hair Removal
- 5 Brazilian Laser Hair Removal Side effects
- 6 Who Can Do Brazilian Laser Hair Removal?
- 7 Is Brazilian Laser Hair Removal Embarrassing?
- 8 How Long Does Brazilian Laser Hair Removal Take And What to Expect During The Procedure?
- 9 Does Brazilian Laser Hair Removal Hurt? – Risk And Recovery
- 10 How Much Does a Brazilian Laser Hair Removal Cost?
- 11 Can You Get Brazilian Laser Hair Removal?
- 12 Is Brazilian Laser Hair Removal Painful?
- 13 Is Showering After Laser Hair Removal Safe?
- 14 When Can You Notice the Complete Brazilian Laser Hair Removal Before And After Results?
- 15 Brazilian laser hair removal male
- 16 Can You have Brazilian Laser Hair Removal Even If You Have Your Period?
- 17 What to Keep in Mind about Brazilian Laser Hair Removal?
- 18 Final Takeaway of Brazilian Laser Hair Removal
What is Brazilian Laser Hair Removal?
A Brazilian laser hair removal is the permanent way of removing unwanted hair on sensitive parts of the body, specifically the genitalia.
It gets rid of pubic hair by emitting laser light that targets hair follicles thereby stopping the growth of hair.
The end result is a smooth and clean skin minus the side effects commonly associated with waxing, shaving, and plucking.
Brazilian Laser Hair Removal Benefits
- It can get rid of unwanted hair on any parts of the body such as the underarm, back, arm, face, leg, chin, and bikini line.
- It is a precise procedure where only unwanted hair is removed and the surrounding skin is left undamaged.
- It is a speedy procedure. small areas may only take a few minutes to remove the hair while bigger areas may take a few hours.
- It could lead to permanent hair loss, especially after seven continuous hair removal sessions.
Brazilian Hair Removal Device
Preparing for Brazilian Laser Hair Removal
If you are already decided to undergo Brazilian hair removal, the very first thing you should do is to choose the best clinic. Keep in mind that it is still a medical procedure and the credential of the clinic matters.
Some people think that a Brazilian laser hair removal embarrassing especially when done in sensitive body parts which are all the more important to choose the right clinic.
There are key preparations to observe such as:
- Limit plucking and waxing six weeks prior to the procedure. Brazilian laser hair removal targets the roots and such are temporarily removed when waxing and plucking.
- Avoid sun exposure about six weeks prior to the procedure as it makes Brazilian laser hair removal less effective and increases the chances of complications.
- If you are using specific medications, especially those tagged as photosensitive have to be stopped for at least a week before the procedure. Most antibiotics are photosensitive and so if you are taking one, you need to talk to your doctor before undergoing Brazilian laser hair removal.
- You should not be using skincare products with strong ingredients like alfahydroxyl acids and retinoids as they can increase skin cell turnover. Thus, making your skin vulnerable to irritation and sun damage during the treatment.
- The area to work on must be shaved to allow the laser to penetrate into the roots of the hair.
Brazilian Laser Hair Removal Side effects
Brazilian laser hair removal is generally safe although there are a few minor side effects such as
- temporary redness
- swelling, and
Such discomfort can be alleviated by applying cool compresses. For people with a dark complexion, there might be some pigment changes that could last for a week or so.
Who Can Do Brazilian Laser Hair Removal?
A Brazilian laser hair removal is performed in a specialty clinic and the person who performs it has undergone rigorous training ensuring that the procedure is performed with safety standards in mind. It can be performed by a healthcare professional or trained staff.
Is Brazilian Laser Hair Removal Embarrassing?
If it is your first time to undergo a Brazilian laser hair removal, you might feel conscious and embarrassed and it is just a normal feeling.
What you have to know is that the person who performs the procedure is highly trained and professional.
Every client is handled with utmost respect so there is nothing to worry about.
How Long Does Brazilian Laser Hair Removal Take And What to Expect During The Procedure?
Brazilian laser hair removal could take a few minutes to hours depending on the area or part of the body. If it is just a small area such as the upper lip, it would take only a few minutes.
During the procedure, you will experience the following:
- The hair will be trimmed to a few millimeters above the surface of the skin.
- A topical numbing agent is applied to the target area for about 30 minutes before the procedure. the purpose of the numbing agent is to help with the sting of the laser pulses. The laser to be used is adjusted according to the thickness of hair, the color of the hair and skin, and location or part of the body to be treated.
- A cold gel is applied to the skin to protect the outer layer and help the laser light penetrate through the skin.
- A pulse of light is applied to the treatment area and observe for several minutes to determine the best setting to use and watch for any signs of bad reactions.
- Once the target hair is completely removed, there might be some sort of discomfort which is common in sensitive areas like the pubic area. To manage pubic hair laser removal side effects, you will be given anti-inflammatory creams, lotions, and ice-packs.
- Brazilian laser hair removal is effective in removing unwanted hair, but you will need more sessions to completely stop the hair from growing.
Does Brazilian Laser Hair Removal Hurt? – Risk And Recovery
After the effect of the numbing agent subsides, you will experience some sort of pain and discomfort, but not to the point of hindering you from performing your activities of daily living.
After a few days, your skin will look and feel sunburned. Applying moisturizers and cold compresses can help alleviate the discomfort.
The treated hair will fall out over the next month. There will be some sort of changes in the color of the skin. To prevent drastic changes in skin color, you have to wear sunscreen.
There will also be a possibility of blister formation, but is very rare and is common in people with dark skin. Other possible side effects are redness, swelling, scarring, and permanent changes in skin color.
You can also read our relevant post regarding safety during laser hair removal.
How Much Does a Brazilian Laser Hair Removal Cost?
How much for Brazilian laser hair removal? Well, it depends on many factors such as the area or part of the skin to be treated, location, number of treatments needed, and the reputation of the clinic or personnel who’s going to perform the procedure. as per the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the average cost of Brazilian laser hair removal is $280/session.
Can You Get Brazilian Laser Hair Removal?
Who are the best candidates for Brazilian laser hair removal? They are the following:
- People with dark and coarse hair.
- People with lighter hair, especially those with pale skin.
- People with dark hair and lighter skin as the contrast makes it easy for the laser to target the hair.
- Those people who want to get rid of hair for large areas of the skin such as the arms, legs, underarms, and back.
- The most advanced Brazilian laser hair removal can also remove facial hair and bikini area.
Is Brazilian Laser Hair Removal Painful?
There is some sort of pain, although pain is subjective. If you are going to compare Brazilian laser hair removal pain and Brazilian wax, the latter is more painful.
Not to mention, vag Brazilian laser hair removal results are permanent. Hence, making a bit of pain and discomfort worth it.
Brazilian laser hair removal may sound complex but it is not as complicated as it sounds. It gets rid of unwanted hair by the laser picking up the pigment in the hair follicle leading to a destruction of the hair root incapacitating it from producing more hair.
It works best in four areas of the body – chin, lip, underarm, and bikini. Although the most advanced Brazilian laser can also remove unwanted hair from other parts of the body such as the back and legs.
Pubic hair laser removal side effects are common as the pubic area is highly sensitive. There will be some redness and irritation after the procedure. some may experience crusting and changes in the skin color.
However, it is important to keep in mind that Brazilian laser hair removal side effects vary from one person to another. The pain and discomfort are just some of the commonly associated side effects, but nothing really serious. It will eventually subside after a few days.
Is Showering After Laser Hair Removal Safe?
Hot baths and showers are highly discouraged for 48 hours post-Brazilian laser hair removal to prevent skin irritation. Exfoliating the skin is highly discouraged too, at least 10 days post laser hair removal.
The very reason is it can cause skin irritation and could clog the pores. If for any reason you are not comfortable not taking your shower, then you can shower but make sure you do not exfoliate or scrub the skin.
When Can You Notice the Complete Brazilian Laser Hair Removal Before And After Results?
You might be expecting that with the Brazilian laser hair removal price you can immediately see the result after the first session. To be honest, it would require at least six sessions for you to see the real results.
To some, it could take eight sessions at the very least. What you must clearly understand is the amount of session it takes to see desirable results varies from one person to another.
To maximize the results, you have to attend every session. One of the primary reasons why some don’t achieve optimum results is not completing the necessary number of sessions.
Patients don’t follow through once they see that the growth of hairs slows down.
Brazilian laser hair removal male
Could men have Brazilian laser hair removal? The answer is yes. There are a number of men who prefer to have Brazilian laser hair removal is the end result is a smoother and cleaner private part.
Can You have Brazilian Laser Hair Removal Even If You Have Your Period?
If you have undergone a usual bikini wax before, then you know for a fact that you are not allowed to have the procedure if you have your period. The beauty of Brazilian laser hair removal is you can have it done even if you have your monthly period. However, you will be requested to use a tampon on the day of the treatment.
What to Keep in Mind about Brazilian Laser Hair Removal?
- It does not have to be painful – For many who think that a Brazilian laser hair removal is painful, well you are all wrong. Yes, there is some sort of discomfort but it does not need to be painful.
- It is a more practical choice when compared with waxing, shaving, and plucking. There is no downtime and after completing the required sessions, you will be free of hair.
- It includes both front and back – When talking about Brazilian laser hair removal, it includes both the front and back. Although every clinic has its rules and regulations – some cover only the large triangle at the front, but for most clinics, it includes both the front and back portion.
- It is a long-term hair reduction solution – If you are looking for a long-term solution for unwanted hair, then a Brazilian laser hair removal is the answer. With every session, you will notice that the hair gets thinner. By the time you complete the session, you will see the full results minus the side effects like irritation, cuts, and blister formation, which are common in plucking and shaving. Brazilian laser hair removal can greatly reduce the growth of hair by up to 90%.
- It is not as expensive as you thought it could be – When talking about laser hair removal, many of us think that it is expensive. Well, in reality, it is not, especially if you are going to look at the long-term results. Waxing will cost you more money if you factor in all the expenses every single month. In a year, you could spend at least $800 for waxing alone.
In a Brazilian laser hair removal, the cost per session might scare you, but with only six to eight sessions, you will achieve the desired results. You don’t have to spend money every single month.
Aside from that, many clinics offer a laser hair removal package, which gives you discounts and other freebies. A Brazilian laser hair removal might cost you more upfront, but you will eventually save money in the long run.
Final Takeaway of Brazilian Laser Hair Removal
Brazilian laser hair removal is one of the best methods of removing unwanted hair from the sensitive parts of the body. If you have not tried it before, it might seem complex and intimidating procedure, but in reality, it is not scary or costly.
As a matter of fact, it helps you save money in the long run. There is no downtime and the side effects are very minimal to none. today, there are plenty of clinics that offer Brazilian laser hair removal.
The cost varies and so you have to do your research well to find the best clinic. With the best clinic, preparation, and adherence to the required session, you will start to get amazing results. If you are on a tight budget, do not worry as many clinics out there give discounts and staggered payment when you purchase the whole session. With Brazilian laser hair removal, you can get rid of unwanted hair minus the side effects.
Last update on 2021-08-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API